miércoles, 6 de febrero de 2013

Counting down

       
        It is official; I'll finally work again this year. I am going to live abroad at least for several months, which is something I really need. I have already purchased the flight ticket and bought some pounds. The departure date is getting closer and closer!!
 
Having the pounds somehow makes it more real!

 
Hasn't this woman got any recent photograph?
      I have set out some goals such as:
 
* Improving my English. My grammar is quite good, however my speaking and listening are pitiable, which is something that has to change at once!
     
* Getting used to travelling on my own. Stupid as it may sound, I completely panic whenever I have to catch a plane or a train, wondering if I am taking the correct one or if I will end up who knows where... Or agonizing over my baggage or the departure times.
 
* Meeting as many people from as many places as possible. What I am really interesed in is people and their cultures. The more different the better, the more I will learn.
 
* Learning to cook new dishes. I am looking forward to trying different cuisines. I am a big eater who likes almost everything, so food will be anything but a problem.
 
* Getting to know as much of the country as I can, from its culture to its countryside. Visiting as many places as my spare time and budget allow me.
 
* Driving on the left.
 
* Acquiring new knowledges about slaughterhouses and meat industry.
 
* Improving my CV. Being unemployed for a long period is disastrous not just for one's economy but also for their laboral future. I hope that working abroad will smooth my way when I return to my own country. Cross your fingers!
 
       I have made up my mind because I am fed up with doing nothing with my life, appart from waiting for something that will never happen. My patience has worn out. I need to get rid of this awful dullness, it is a matter of sanity.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario