jueves, 16 de febrero de 2012

Cuarterlife crisis

        

  I've just turned 30 and haven't yet reached none of those things I'm supposed to have... Neither a good job nor my own family. And to tell you the truth, they both still seem beyond my reach. Concernig the job; I'd been working for a few years for a vets' team where partnership didn't exist and there wasn't a good rapport. Even the bosses weren't on good terms with each other. They didn't teach me anything at all and little did they care whether I was feeling comfortable there or not. I was so fed up with the situation and with the work itself that I left it nearly one year ago, even before getting a new one, but I didn't care! I really needed a fresh start, and I don't just mean that job, but that kind of work. I'm looking forward to switching careers! Working as a vet can be very stressful many times. The problem is that I don't have the knowledge or the experience to do it.

          Then, in the summer, I came across an advertisement for a vet in a nearby village, so I applied, was choosen and worked there during the whole summer, while the other workers enjoyed their holidays. It seems that my new bosses liked me. :) So, to cut a long story short, as they're opening a new branch in a different town, they asked me to work again for them, but not as a vet, but as a shopper with wide knowlegde about drugs. Thus I'd be able to advise customers properly when they came to buy them. I inmediately loved the idea and accepted. Who knows, this may be my chance of shifting away from veterinary practise and towards a different area. I'm not ambitious at all, I just wish to live my life in a quiet way.

           The short supply of good jobs (or just normal jobs) nowadays is the main reason for my boyfriend and me not being to live together yet. He's thirtysomething, has worked as an engineer for almost five years, all of them away from home, and now when he's quite experienced and supposedly would be able to find the job of his dreams, all our plans have exploded with the outbreak of this bloody crisis. Our parents at our age were reasonably comfortably off, however we must face the fact that we'll probabily be poorer than them all our life. My biological clock doesn't stop whispering me: "the time to become a mum has come, has come, has come..." But the economical security hasn't arrived yet, so litttle can I do!

1 comentario:

  1. ...I´m not ambitious at all,I just wish to live my life in a quiet way"
    Esta frase la he dicho yo mil veces, y mil veces me he ido enredando y complicandóla con pequeñas obligaciones, hipotecas, deudas, relaciones complicadas, etcr.
    Esto me recuerda a la epoca del cole, yo muchas veces estudiaba poco, mi objetivo era el suficiente ( era bastante flojillo), de tanto abusar, me suspendieron. Mi madre me decía una frase llena de sabiduría: " estudia para el sobresaliente,aunque lo que quieras sea un suficiente"
    En la vida pasa igual, hay que pelear como campeones para nuestra ansiada vida simple.
    Un saludo

    ResponderEliminar