viernes, 24 de febrero de 2012

Don't weep around the corners, guy!

       If there's something that get on my nerves, it's narrow minded people. Yesterday I came completely by chance into a post written by an english man living in Galicia. The thing is that in his post this guy moaned about galician language. All right about this... But he complains about galician language being taught at school. Can you believe it?!? If you are living and working in a country, you're expected to be able to speak its language, indeed! We are spanish and galician, therefore we speak and also study both of them.

          If you can't teach your children something you don't know, at least let us teach ours something we do know and even don't know but want them to learn. By this I also mean english. As you'll have regarded, mine is rather bad... However I do want my children to learn it and learn it with the utmost accuracy... I can't teach them properly, so I want them to learn it at school, so that they'll be better at it than me.

         I'm sick to death of being critizised for speaking my language in my land. And even be called narrow minded... ME, who always want to learn everything about eveywhere. NO COMMENTS! What about YOU, who don't learn anything at all about anywhere? Galician people speak galician with each other, but we switch to spanish when we talk to other people so, what on earth do you care what I speak with my people in the place where we live?!

         I really needed to get this off my chest, and a good old moan every now and then is very healthy!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario