miércoles, 7 de marzo de 2012

Sniffing scents

          When I worked, at the end of the day I usually went to see my dog and played a little with him before going to bed. He would always sniff me carefully and eagerly, searching all kinds of scents on my clothes, except when I had touched other dogs, that to my amazement  he would turn away jealous and upset. This behaviour made me think about the importance of this sense and made me aware of the importance of this source of information for dogs. Supposing he were a person he would never ask me the tipical "What about your day? What have you done today?" since it would be completely unnecessary. Simply by sniffing he would be able to gather all the information to work out the answer.


Don't you envy them their smell?


         Human beings are much more reliant on sight and hearing, even though these senses are far less  acute in us than in many other species. Each specie see, hear and smell things in a completely different way, it's like if each of them lived in their own world! For example our sight has nothing to do with dogs', cows', bees'... they can't see colours! It could be said the Earth contains as many worlds as ways of experiencing and feeling it, don't you think so?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario